shaniera thompson
Former famous Pakistan cricketer Wasim Akram on Wednesday announced that he had married his Australian girlfriend, Shaniera Thompson, saying he has started a new life on a happy note. 

"I married Shaniera Thompson in Lahore last week in a simple ceremony and this is the start of a new life for me, my wife and for my kids." -Wasim Akram

Wasim proposed to the 30-year-old former public relations consultant on bended knee last month and they married on August 12. 
huma

The 47-year-old's first wife Huma died in 2009 after her multiple organ failure.

Thompson came to Karachi earlier this month before going to Lahore to see Wasim's father.

Shaniera said Wasim was nervous about proposing in the traditional way.It was the romantic moment in my life because it was so genuine.He asked me what my dream proposal would be and i said i'm not the women that likes a big scene.I would want it to be at home or somewhere private.Then I came into the lounge room and he was on his knee and asked me if I'd marry him.She told Wasim: If we are doing this the traditional way,then you have to ask my father.

He said about his wife(Shaniera Thompson) :

  • Thompson had converted to Islam and is learning Urdu.
  • Thompson has been close to my sons and they form a very good bond.
  • Thompson was eager to settle quickly in Pakistan.
  • I sincerely hope the people of Pakistan and our friends and supporters across the globe will give us their blessing and support.

thompson


Wasim played 104 Tests and 356 one-day internationals for Pakistan in a career lasting from 1984 to 2003. 

Wasim was player of the tournament in the country's only triumph in the World Cup, in Australia in 1992. He captained Pakistan to a runners-up finish in the 1999 World Cup in England. 

Wasim was regarded as one of the best left-arm fast bowlers to have played the game and remains a major celebrity in Pakistan. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top